In the midst of various PnP relocations, Weekend Reading directs you to an eternal debate, an eternal great, and some technological mishaps and marvels.
- Rick Soisson offers an alternative vision of the eternal question at The Baseball Chronicle: who is the best hitter of all time?
- Keith Olbermann explores the form of another baseball great: Christy Mathewson, who pitched in a time before film.
- Is John Smoltz the latest All-Time Great to fizzle at the end of his career away from the town where he built his legend? The Sporting Blog discusses, and notes some other late-career faders.
- Sons of Steve Garvey found an abbreviationally challenged mini-scoreboard.
- Some seriously eerie, and even uncanny, footage of pitching and batting robots. Kind of a Dennis Eckersley sidewinder thing going on there. via East Windup Chronicle